By David Waldstreicher
A significant other to John Adams and John Quincy Adams offers a suite of unique historiographic essays contributed by way of prime historians that disguise varied features of the lives and politics of John and John Quincy Adams and their spouses, Abigail and Louisa Catherine.
- Features contributions from best historians and Adams’ scholars
- Considers sub-topics of curiosity corresponding to John Adams’ position within the overdue 18th-century dying of the Federalists, either Adams’ presidencies and efforts as diplomats, faith, and slavery
- Includes chapters on Abigail Adams and one on Louisa Adams
Read or Download A Companion to John Adams and John Quincy Adams (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best american history books
Howard Zinn examines the politics of the South and his personal reports there. during this robust quantity, drawing on Zinn’s personal reviews instructing within the South and dealing in the Southern civil rights circulation, Zinn demanding situations the mystique and stereotypes surrounding the South, race kin, and the way switch occurs in heritage.
The previous South has normally been portrayed as an insular and backward-looking society. The outdated South's smooth Worlds seems past this fantasy to spot the various many ways that antebellum southerners have been enmeshed within the modernizing developments in their time. The essays amassed during this quantity not just inform unforeseen narratives of the outdated South, in addition they discover the compatibility of slavery-the defining characteristic of antebellum southern life-with cultural and fabric markers of modernity similar to ethical reform, towns, and undefined.
Fur exchange posts have been confirmed alongside the higher Mississippi River among St. Anthony and St. Cloud in the course of the first a part of the nineteenth century. this kind of buying and selling posts was once confirmed by way of Pierre Bottineau at the bluffs simply north of the mouth of the Elk River among Orono (upper city) and Elk River (lower city) in 1850.
On July 28, 1797, an aged Lenape lady stood earlier than the newly appointed almsman of Pennsylvania’s Chester County and introduced a short account of her lifestyles. In a tragic irony, Hannah Freeman used to be setting up her residency—a declare that prepared the ground for her elimination to the poorhouse. eventually, notwithstanding, it intended the ultimate elimination from the ancestral land she had so tenaciously maintained.
- Breathitt County (Images of America)
- Jewish Communities on the Ohio River: A History (Ohio River Valley Series)
- Salt Warriors: Insurgency on the Rio Grande (Canseco-Keck History Series)
- The Biggest Civil War Battles of 1863: Stones River, Chancellorsville, Gettysburg, Vicksburg, Chickamauga, and the Chattanooga Campaign
- War Crimes Against Southern Civilians
Extra resources for A Companion to John Adams and John Quincy Adams (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to John Adams and John Quincy Adams (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by David Waldstreicher